Lab Media (click to play slideshows and videos)
- Check out Os' op-ed on lessons to be learned from COVID-19 about the links between human and nature, featured in Scientific American.
- Read Alex's perspective on being LGBTQ+ in science featured in Elsevier Connect
- Check out the Climate Solutions blog post on frightened grasshoppers and carbon storage.
- Lose the predators and emissions go up: read the hype from Dror, Aspen and Os' carbon experiments at Mongabay.com and E&ENews
Popular Magazine & Blog Features
- Check out features of Julia and Mary's field research on the YIBS Field Notes Blog
- An interview with Mary is up on The Female Scientist blog (2017)
- Check out blog posts about Jennie's risk map paper on the Conservation Corridor blog and Yale's F&ES Blog (2015).
- Jennie's work on tigers and leopards is featured in India's Frontline Magazine (2014).
- Karin's undergrad research on bird-friendly yards is featured in Audubon Magazine (2013).
- Jennie writes about fieldwork on tiger and leopard livestock depredation in Yale's Sage Magazine, the NYAS's Scientists Without Borders blog and AZA's CONNECT Magazine (2012-2013)
- Article about the Yale Framework for adapting ecosystem management with climate change (2012)
Schmitz lab gatherings
Photos from our lab get-togethers throughout the years!
Kevin's fieldwork in Panama
Kevin's video showing his camera trapping work along mammal canopy highways in Panama during winter 2012-2013.
Jennie's fieldwork in India
Jennie's 2011-2012 fieldwork on tiger and leopard livestock depredation in Kanha Tiger Reserve, India.
Karin's fieldwork in the Yale Myer's Forest, CT
Karin and the Schmitzers set up field cages for spider-insect experiments in summer 2012.
Colin's fieldwork in Greece
Colin's preliminary research expedition on lizards on the islands of Greece during summer 2012.